Increased wellbeing and empowerment can be ours when we commit to knowing, valuing and respecting our unique menstrual cycle. When we tap into the intelligence of our cycle, we can use this knowledge to heal symptoms and experience a new feeling of power and possibility.
This 3-hour workshop combines theory and practice, to offer fresh perspectives, new understandings and an appreciation of the healing power of Yoga as therapy to support healthy menstruation and relationship with ourselves.
Open to all women from menarche to menopause, it will be of particular benefit to women who have experienced, or are currently experiencing:
- painful periods
- irregular menstrual cycles
- coming off the pill or other hormone-altering contraception
- a sense of disconnect from the body
- negative or challenged body image
Over the course of our time together, we will explore:
- the 4 phases of the menstrual cycle and how to work in harmony with the unique qualities of each phase
- ways to restore your connection to your own monthly cycle
- natural ways of dealing with PMS and painful periods
- ways to balance a busy lifestyle and your body’s needs
- therapeutic Yoga poses for common menstrual challenges
There is also opportunity for discussion and sharing on topics related to yoga and menstrual health.
Women yoga teachers/health care practitioners will also find this workshop useful for working with students or clients who are seeking to create a positive relationship with their menstrual cycle.
Kirsty Innes is an experienced and qualified Yoga teacher whose classes and workshops are supportive, insightful and deeply nourishing. Having used Yoga and menstrual cycle awareness to successfully manage painful symptoms of endometriosis, she is passionate about sharing this information with other women.
Friday May 27th, 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Please give yourselves ample time to arrive and settle into the space. The workshop will start promptly at 5:30pm
Bookings are non refundable.
Please book online via http://kirstyinnes.com.au/menstrual-health-workshop/
or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
KnotStressed Therapies Clinic
40-42 Montrose Terrace, Edinburgh EH7 5DL