The Change: Women, Creativity and Sexuality – Yoga for Menopause CPD Day | LONDON
22 July 2016 | 1000 – 1730
with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
at Yogacampus Islington, 1 Britannia Row, London N1 8QH
This session is now at capacity, follow booking link below to be added to the waiting list
This is a one day workshop of women’s Celtic yoga for the Great Change - all women welcome, but an especially warm welcome for women over 35, or those experiencing perimenopause, menopause or post-menopause. Exploring how yoga can support vitality, sexuality and creativity during the changes we experience as women during peri-menopause, menopause and post-menopause. We base our approach on the yogic understanding that creative and sexual energies are fundamentally the same - both forms of SHAKTI, moving through us.
- What is changing in the great Change? Physical, psychic, emotional and spiritual shifts.
- Overview of research into menopause - the big picture - what do we know?
- Exploring the cycles of our lives - relationships between The Change and other life initiations.
- Nourishing Total Yoga Nidra for creativity and sensuality, and for healing and vitality
- Breath and movement to reconnect with the elemental source of sexual and creative energies.
- Gentle rhythmic movement to restore vitality
- Gentle movement and restorative poses to support creative and sensual energies - supporting delight and love in.
This day is suitable for all women with an interest in yoga to support these phases of our lives. ou are welcome to attend if you are a yoga practitioner who has a personal interest in these practices for your own health and well being. You are welcome also if you have a professional interest in this work, for example if you are a yoga teacher or yoga therapist, or a health care practitioner or bodyworker or therapist with an interest in supporting clients in these phases of life. For yoga teachers and therapists, this day counts as continuing professional development.
For more information and to book your place go to: www.yogacampus.com/workshops/the-change-women-creativity-sexuality-yoga-...
In the evening Uma will be joined by Christopher Gladwell to share a workshop at The Life Centre Islington, 19:30 - 21:30: Yin in Yang and Yang in Yin: Engaged Yoga to liberate and support pranashakti (the life force). Details here: www.wombyoga.org/event/yin-yang-and-yang-yin-london