Baby Yoga and Baby Massage | MANCHESTER
11 - 13 November 2016 |
with Janine Hurley
at Yogacampus Manchester, 293A Deansgate (behind Philip Jones estate agents and opposite the Hilton Hotel), Manchester, M3 4EW
Combining the skills of Janine Hurley, yoga teacher and hypnotherapist, and Justine Baines (RN, RHV, BSc.Hons), health visitor and infant feeding lead for Manchester, who between them have 25 years’ experience of working with mums and babies, this teacher training provides yoga teachers, trainee teachers and other yoga practitioners already working with babies with the platform to create a nurturing yet fun and interactive yoga practice for both mother and baby (or dads or grandparents). You will learn tools and techniques to understand how to facilitate nourishing and supportive groups for postnatal women with their babies, inlcuding:
- the importance of baby’s developmental readiness
- how to apply different yoga and massage techniques to achieve and help both parent and baby to develop in harmony
- practical information on managing common, but problematic issues that may affect practice, such as reflux and colic
- an understanding of baby states and maternal and child attachment
- how to identify those who may present as vulnerable, and to develop strategies to manage those challenges
- common postnatal ailments and ways to tailor a yoga practice in relation to yoga therapy and yoga philosophy.
We aim to offer a unique learning experience, which will underpin your philosophy of practice with a clinical based evidence approach so that we can help and support you to teach fun and nourishing classes.
While the course focus is mainly tuned to the baby, we will also offer an overview of the postnatal mother, both emotionally and physically. (Janine also teaches on the 6 day intensive post natal yoga module.)
Although primarily aimed at yoga teachers and trainee teachers, this course may also be suitable for you if you are an experienced yoga practitioner already working with babies, children or as a health practitioner. Please see below for application details. We will equip you with the skills to enable you to teach enjoyable therapeutic classes for families in both the private and public health sector.
For more information and to book for this course go to: www.yogacampus.com/specialist-courses/baby-yoga-and-baby-massage-manchester